The LUX Style Awards 2013 were announced at an elegant reception for winners at the Movenpick Ballroom in Karachi on Thursday Dec 04, 2014.
Winners in 27 categories were from the disciplines of Fashion, Film, TV and Music for the 13th edition of the prestigious Lux Style Awards, dubbed the luxies by fans and media in Pakistan.
“In the absence of any institution to record the achievement of Pakistan’s Entertainment and Fashion industry, LUX Style Awards was established to do just that 13 years ago. LUX gave Pakistan a platform to appreciate and award talent across the genres of Film, Music Fashion and TV. We believe in our local talent and artists and are committed to celebrating and appreciating them year on year. We congratulate all our winners from the 13th Lux Style Awards celebration and we hope to see greater participation in 2015,” says Azka Waqar, Brand Manager for LUX.
Zinda Bhaag, the first Pakistani film that’s up for an Oscar nomination, took home important awards for Best Film, Director and Actor. The voting for the Film categories was by a high profile film jury that deliberated for a long time over the clutch of films that were under consideration this year.
It was a first time venture for directors Meenu Gaur and Farjad Nabi.”Working everyday on Zinda Bhaag was full of fun anyways and now to get these awards for it is like some serious icing on the cake!”
Producer Mazhar Zaidi was equally elated. “It’s wonderful to get these awards for a team that was almost all on their first film and that too against such established stars and blockbuster films.”
The eight Television categories were evenly distributed across all channels. Sanam Saeed as Best Actress and Fawad Khan as Best Actor won for Hum TV’s Zindagi Gulzar Hai while Best serial in the Satellite segment went to A&B Productions Daagh on ARY Digital.
“I’m grateful that the work that I did two years ago, [Zindagi Gulzar Hai] is still being acknowledged,” said Best Actress Sanam Saeed.
In the Terrestrial segment ATV Producer Mairajuddin and Ahsan Khan’s Mar Jaen Hum Toh Kya won Best Serial. For Nauman Ejaz (Dil Awaiz) it was his 8th LSA win as Best Actor. Apart from Best Writer and Best Director, which were Jury Awards, the rest were Viewer’s Choice voting results.
The Music Categories threw up new faces and the five categories included a best original soundtrack category for Film and TV effort that was picked up by Humayun Saeed and Shahzad Nasib’s Main Hoon Shahid Afridi. Rahat Fateh’s Malaal picked up Song of The Year but the artist was performing in Oslo for the Nobel Award Ceremony and could not attend.
The Fashion Awards went to industry stalwarts who consistently produce good work. Cybil Chowdhry won Best Model for the 2nd time running. It was Abbas Jafri’s second LSA win (2012 and now 2014) as Best Male Model. For Shamoon Sultan who first won for Khaadi in the inaugural LUX Style Awards in 2002 this was his 10th LSA award. Over the years as he’s won for Best Menswear, Best Retail, Khaadi Khaas and now Best High Street Brand.
It’s a first time win for classic menswear designer Ahmed Bhaam. Best Emerging Talent went to the red hot model favorite Amna Babar who was the leading face of multiple campaigns last year.
Nabila, Rizwan ul Haq, Iman Ahmed of Body Focus and Sania Maskatiya are all previous winners and industry stalwarts who set the standards for others to follow.
Nabila, who won her 8th Luxie this year, said, “Winning is only half the fun. I enjoy the process of raising the bar.”
Winners, members of the jury and media attended the exclusive reception. The LUX Style Awards are the epitome of recognition in Pakistan’s vibrant fashion and entertainment genres. The red carpet was buzzing as winners, dressed up in their gala best, congratulated each other and media crowded around to capture every byte.
The LUX Style Awards for excellence in Entertainment and Fashion are held annually to celebrate the burgeoning cultural landscape in Pakistan.
List of Winners
- Model of the Year (Female) Cybil Chowdhry
- Model of the Year (Male) Abbas Jafri
- Best Fashion Photographer Rizwan ul Haq
- Best Hair and Make-up Artist Nabila
- Achievement in Fashion Design – Pret Body Focus by Iman Ahmed
- Achievement in Fashion Design – Luxury Pret Sania Maskatiya
- Achievement in Fashion Design – Menswear Ahmed Bham
- Achievement in Fashion Design – Lawn Sania Maskatiya
- Best High Street Brand Khaadi
- Best Emerging Talent Amna Babar (Best Female Model)
- Best Film Zinda Bhaag (Produced by Mazhar Zaidi)
- Best Director Meenu Gaur & Farjad Nabi for Zinda Bhaag
- Best Actor Khurram Pataras for Zinda Bhaag
- Best Actress Aamina Sheikh for Seedlings
- Best Album Yaran Di Toli by Rizwan Ali Jaffri
- Best Music Video Director Yasir Jaswal for Bolay by Uzair Jaswal
- Best Original Sound Track Humayun Saeed & Shahzad Nasib for Main Houn Shahid Afridi
- Best Emerging Talent Shaheryar Mirza
- Song of the year Malaal by Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
- Best TV Serial Satellite Daagh on ARY Digital (Producer: A n B Productions)
- Best TV Actor Satellite Fawad Khan for Zindigi Gulzar Hai on HUM TV
- Best TV Actress Satellite Sanam Saeed for Zindagi Gulzar Hai on HUM TV
- Best TV Serial Terrestrial Mar Jaen Hum Toh Kya on ATV (Producer: Miraj ud din & Ahsan Khan)
- Best TV Actor Terrestrial Nauman Ejaz for Dil Awaiz on PTV Home
- Best TV Actress Terrestrial Mehvish Hayat for Kami Reh Gai on PTV Home & Yamina Peerzada for Roshni Andhera Roshni on ATV
- Best Writer Amna Mufti for Ullu Bar-e-Furokht Nahi on Hum TV
- Best Director Haseeb Hasan for Nanhi on Geo TV
Photography by E Trends Photographer Yaseen Lakhani